I'll be out of pocket for a bit...got bad news yesterday morning.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family....and have a safe trip.

Eric, my prayers and condolences for you and your family. As others have said it's not easy to loose a loved one. Remember that as long has you remomber him and pass on the things that he taught you to your kids, he will never be forgotten.

God Bless you and yours~

Eric,
I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I admire your positive attitude in this time of need. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Be safe in your travels. We'll be ready for your safe return to the SMF when you're ready.

Peace.

Thouights and prayer are for you and your family. May you hang on the memory of the good times.

Add my small prayer for Your Dad and Your family in this sad time.

Know too that the quiet passing of Your Dad in his sleep means that somewhere a prayer was already answered.

Keep safe on your journey.

Thank you to all for your kind words and support...it seems that no matter what the situation there is always a family here to watch your back.

We're just wrapping things up here at the house getting ready to hit the highway in a little while. Weather reports for our area, the route we'll be driving and my parents home area aren't the best all the way through the weekend...it's winter, so to be expected. We have a 3/4 ton 4 x 4 Chevy Suburban which is pretty heavy even when unloaded, and near-new very aggressive tires, and of course emergency gear/supplies...I'm no nubee to this stuff, and I drive for a living...we'll do OK on the road...also have an NOAA weather radio with alert.

We're bringing some of my cured/smoked meats and a pork butt from this past weekend's smoke so the family can enjoy some of my latest smoking creations...most of them haven't had the opportunity to sample my goodies yet, and it may help to lighten up the moods a bit as well to have some good homemade foods on hand.

If the gathering were happening with a different situation, I would load up my gear and do a feed, but it's just not the right time for that now. I Wish I could have made the time to do a burn for my Dad, Mom and the rest of the family before he passed...they would have really liked that. You just never know when someone's time will run out.

I guess with that I'll say that we should all take the time to see our families as often as possible so we can share more of those memorable moments...life does seem short at times.

My best to all!

Keep the thin blue smoke flowing while I'm away, too, so I can check it out when I get back...HEH-HEH-HEH!!!!

Thanks again, and see you soon!

Eric

Eric,
Thoughts & prayers from Macungie, PA are coming to you & yours. Stay safe in your travels.

Bearcarver

Eric -- My prayers are with you as well. Your words in this post are so heartfelt, and knowing what it's like to experience the loss of parents, I found them very touching.

Have a safe trip, and know there are a lot of people out there thinking of you and your family.

Hi everyone!

We made it home in one piece and all is well.

After the experience of this trip, I felt inclined to share some thoughts with you, if I may.

The visiting with family during this event was very nice...a few tears were shed by all as would be expected, but we were all with family and friends to comfort each other when it got rough. Fortunately for me, this has been my first attendance of a funeral for a family member since I was about 7 years old, but I didn't know how I would handle it...we never really do, I guess.

The chapel prayer service and church funeral service were very nice, and a lot of memories were shared during each service...good memories of how my father had such a profound and positive influence on all those he knew. We did as I had hoped, and celebrated my fathers life and how he was always willing to help those in need, and being an ever so gentle, kind, understanding, caring and courteous man to everyone he met. "Just being there" was a comment made by several people during their sharing of memories of how he always seemed to provide a comforting presence. I felt comforted by the many family members and friends as they shared some of their experiences with my father.

He would give of his time and expense to aid others even if they didn't ask, and they would appreciate him for it. Some people think that you can't help someone who doesn't ask, as it may not be understood or accepted with appreciation...this was not how my father thought that life should be. He had a way with giving that was accepted by others and they may not have known how much they needed his help at the time, but understood, accepted and appreciated him for it later. He touched many people in many ways, and all of us who knew him were influenced by him in some way and are better people because of him.

He always knew somehow, that he would be able to provide for his family and never seemed to worry about money or material possessions, as they didn't matter in his way of life. He lived the simple life of a self-employed farmer/rancher and was happy with his life.

May all mankind strive to achieve what my father did everywhere he went without hesitation...giving of his time whenever someone needed help...teaching his children, neighbors or friends anything he felt might help them...accepting and respecting other peoples decisions in life...never expecting anything in return...it simply was his way of life, to serve God and man.

With that, a salute to my dear departed father...may he rest in peace, with the knowledge that he served his fellow man well, and did the very best that he knew how to be a good husband, father, grand-father, great-grand-father, neighbor, and, a friend to anyone who needed one.

Thanks to all, for being here for my family and myself during this difficult time...you are all my friends!

Eric

Thanks for the upate man much appreciated. You can always shrare here with the family. May he rest in peace.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky