I LOVE ABTs!

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by fire it up, Nov 19, 2009.

1. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I absolutely love ABTs, and who doesn't?
    Most of us have tried ABTs, to any new members who haven't you really need to give them a try.

Felt like posting this while I still have the taste in my mouth and ABTs are still hot and tasty.

Picked up some japs today, 26 I think and split them boat style for some ABT goodness.
    I leave the stem on and cut the peppers in half, the stem acts like a handle when eating the ABs. For removing the ribs and seeds I use a metal 1/2 teaspoon, perfect size and has firm edges and does a great job clening the peppers.
    Ingredients:

1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese, softened, garlic powder mixed in then some colby jack and mozz, added some of my chipotle rub and to half of the batch I added some chopped smoked bratwurst.

Time to get stuffing...
    I use a small spoon to press the mixture into and smooth it on top of the pepper, I think it works as good if not a bit better than squeezing it from a bag.

Cut strips of bacon into 3rds and quarters and layed on the peppers instead of wrapping. Sprinkled my chipotle rub on the plain and some KC rub from Beer-B-Q on the brat ones.

Smoked at 225ish for 2 1/2 hours over cherry, snapped a picture when adding some water to the water pan, a bit blurry but I was trying to be quick, like a bunny [​IMG]

Is it wrong that looking at the pics as I post this is making the drool start to flow?
    Gonna go grab a few more [​IMG]

2. YUMMY is all i can say

3. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good Grief O'Mighty!!! That's some mouthwatering ABT's, Jim. You are definitely having some good eating on a Thursday night! How did the brat ones taste ?

[​IMG]

4. chainsaw

chainsaw Smoking Fanatic

Looks mouth-watering-I have to make those every time, which is turning into every saturday-out of curiosity, how many are you feeding in your house? Just two of us & she doesn't eat much snoked stuff

5. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

They were great, much better than the regular ones, the brats added a wonderful flavor, I HAVE to try them with some chorizo now.

Right now I'm home alone so it is nice, quiet and smoky, in more ways than one [​IMG].

Going to plate some up and take over to my Sister and BIL and my Brother will end up eating several whenever he gets off work, then of course I need to make sure to save some for reheating tomorrow while it is raining out.

6. mr mac

mr mac Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I have to agree! I'm not much of a jalapeno eater, but those ABTs we made the other night were great! A little more practice and a little more time in the RO and we'll have it down to an art form!

7. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those look great and i totally agree.ABT'S rawk... Prolly my 2 favorite things i have learned from this site are the wicked beans and abt's....Have to have em !![​IMG]

8. That looks SO GOOD! Awesome job!

9. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mn those things look awesome and you ddi really good on the Q too. I like your mixture for the stuffing too.[​IMG] You really have to love those things too.

10. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks sweet jim.Nice to see you made plenty.I think i did them twice with japs this year and i miss em now.My loss....

I did stuff my italian sweets 6 or so times...

11. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

They look great Jim... [​IMG]

Now that you fixed some for me are you going to fix any for yourself?

12. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I gotta try making some of those! [​IMG]

13. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

WOW!
    Although I didn't like the ABT's I made with cream cheese, yours look awesome, hey maybe I'll give it another try.
    Just drooled on my keyboard