I hit my first homerun today......

Discussion in 'Beef' started by davidlsi, Oct 24, 2010.

1. davidlsi

davidlsi Fire Starter

I was up before the sun and put this boneless chuck roast on the smoker.  One full smoker box filled with soaked apple wood.

Smoked it until around 1:00pm and then let it rest for about 45 minutes.   During the third quarter as the Bears were losing again we enjoyed the tender juiciness sliced on some fresh rolls.

I tried a new sauce for the sandwiches made by A & W that has root beer richness to it.

I am so happy with the results this time everyone loved it, we finished it before the end of the game.

Now the important part the q-view...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing,  I am so happy I found this forum and the all the great tips and instructions.

SeeYa

DavidLSI

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Looks like some great grub to me!!!

That is what the site is good for. Great food and Great smokes.

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

It looks good [​IMG]

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Two new things ya brought to the table already, that ninja sickle and A&W root beer sauce. [​IMG]

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]Now the chuckie looks awesome and it sounds good in a sandwich but we have to talk about the sauce now. WHY??? JK to each their own.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  6. davidlsi

davidlsi Fire Starter

[​IMG]  Good question...  Why as in????   

Store bought, basically I am trying to learn this smoking and low and slow cooking in steps.  Once I get the feel for good results on the meat I will think about creating my own sauce.

or

This Brand/Flavor, We have the advantage of  a Jewel grocery store by our house that has a big selection and the label caught my eye.  Plus the idea of a root beer enhanced sauce sounded good.  I would give this sauce a thumbs up in taste.  

or

The using any sauce at all,  I do know about the big divide between those who like'em wet and them who like'em dry....  I do enjoy the sauce and will finish my ribs with the sauce at the end to add a glazing layer.  In this case sliced for sandwiches was the goal and I left it up to the family  to choose if they wanted a sauce and which one.  We have a bunch of brands started in the fridge.

Having the electric Brinkman allows me focus on the meat and not have to add fire tending to the mix.  Which will be my next step, to learn to control the fire.  At some point sauce creation will become a priority. 

7. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Looks fantastic. Thumbs Up'd

8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Look real good from my house David !!!!!

Thanks for the view,

Bear

9. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

VERY NICE [​IMG]

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats on the first success. One thing I noticed in the video is that you did not save the meat juices to pour over the sliced meat. Try that next time and you will be one really happy camper.

11. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Job, it looks Great....[​IMG]

12. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice looking chuckie, Next one I do I am going to slice vs pull

13. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Good job!

14. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Mmmmmmm............ Chucky looks good[​IMG]

15. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That looks awesome! Cool looking knife too. Thanks for sharing. I use sauce sometimes too, a local fella makes some great stuff and I like to support him.

16. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I like it.  Glad it turned out for you.  Keep smoking and enjoying!

17. bamaboy

bamaboy Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Looks very good,I have been wondering how the [email protected] sauce tasted,was it sweet or tangy?

18. davidlsi

davidlsi Fire Starter

More Sweet than tangy.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  19. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    looks good and what gary said..............

20. Get use to those Bears losing. They dont have no Offensive line so Cutler gets no protection...i dont think it would help anyway cause he sucks. lol