I have a smokin addiction and I admit it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smok-n-all-meat

Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Joplin Missouri
Helloooo all fellow smokers. I have lurked here for a while and can't seem to get enough. The wealth of information available on here continually just blows me away. I live near Joplin Missouri and have been smoking all kinds of meat, poultry, and fish for well over 20 years now. Here is a list of a few favorite items that I seem to have going all the time : pulled pork, brisket, ribs (of course), brined turkey and chicken, bacon wrapped chicken livers, ABT's, smoked german potato salad, bacon wrapped meatloaf, cheese, pickled eggs, homemade bacon (of course) summer sausage and snack sticks. I have used all different smokers from stick burners and charcoal, but currently have settled on a Masterbuilt XL gasser. My gasser has been mostly stock with the addition of a better chip pan and water pan for about two years. I currently have it in the shop undergoing major surgery. Soon I will post all the changes and additions that I have done, many of which I got the idea for from this site.

Hope to be talking with you all soon.

Helloooo all fellow smokers. I have lurked here for a while and can't seem to get enough. The wealth of information available on here continually just blows me away. I live near Joplin Missouri and have been smoking all kinds of meat, poultry, and fish for well over 20 years now. Here is a list of a few favorite items that I seem to have going all the time : pulled pork, brisket, ribs (of course), brined turkey and chicken, bacon wrapped chicken livers, ABT's, smoked german potato salad, bacon wrapped meatloaf, cheese, pickled eggs, homemade bacon (of course) summer sausage and snack sticks. I have used all different smokers from stick burners and charcoal, but currently have settled on a Masterbuilt XL gasser. My gasser has been mostly stock with the addition of a better chip pan and water pan for about two years. I currently have it in the shop undergoing major surgery. Soon I will post all the changes and additions that I have done, many of which I got the idea for from this site.

Hope to be talking with you all soon.
Welcome SNAM !!!

Admitting you have a problem is a very important first step. 
biggrin.gif

Bear

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello, and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome from Canada.

canada-flag-14.gif

Har. Isn't a smoke addict joining these forums like an alcoholic joining a whiskey tasting group?

It will be good to have another experienced smoker on the forums to learn from. I look forward to your posts.

Disco

We don't need a lot of steps. Just 4.
1. Buy meat
2. Smoke meat
3. Eat good.
4. Go back to 1. Until cured.

This being typed through withdraw shakes. It has been two days since I fired the pit.
:-)
Smoken-n-all-meat I am north of you south of KC

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Thanks for all the warm welcomes from all of you. I look forward to sharing whatever knowledge I have in hopes it can save someone from some of the mistakes I have made over the years. And of course plenty of Qview to go along. Looks like I found a new way to feed the addiction...hehe.

sausage.gif

Welcome to SMF S-N-A-M. Glad to have you join us!

Enjoy the Smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky