I commited Hiway Robbery today!!!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokin vegas, Mar 5, 2012.

1. smokin vegas

smokin vegas Smoking Fanatic

Yes boys, today I committed HIWAY ROBBERY at Smart and Final.    Check out these goregous tri tips.  Got them for 50% off the usual price at S & F is excellent $3.29 where other stores mark them up to $5.99.  I got these bad boys at 50% off instead of $55.80 I got them for $27.68.  Oh Yeah!!!   [​IMG]I am getting ready to throw one of these bad boys in the smoker now.  They are untrimmed so I have to do a little amount of trimming but no much.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see that there is a membrane that needs to be trimmed off right hand corner direct below you can see the membrane trimmed and pulled back.

[​IMG]

My favorite knife I found at a garage sell!!!  It is so sharp I love it!  Somebodys husband is probably crying the blues for this knife his wife gave away for pennies.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Love Tritip and you are right - you stole them at that price  

3. So they were only 1.65 a pound then?

4. smokin vegas

YEP!!!!  That is so right!!!!  Oh Yeah!!!  I'm smokin' today!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I thought I was posting this is the beef thread then noticed it was in the wood one.  Can I change that?

5. Nice theft there!

6. Depends. Are you using wood? [​IMG]

7. JK. I'm sure someone can move it to the correct forum.

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Great buy don't forget the rest of the Qview. I moved the thread to the Beef section

9. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great deal. Only think I dont like about S+F is that its select grade not choice but still a hell of a deal.

10. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those are 1970's prices!

Good luck and good smoking.

11. smokin vegas

All the tri tip I have bought there has been incredibily good and tender.    Their pork ribs are very good too. 

12. smokin vegas

Lots more pictures will be posted later after it comes out of the smoker.  I did take some of meat after I put the rub on it.   I am using an electric Cajun Injector Smoker but I used hickory chips to add smoke flavor.  All I use is about a tablespoon an hour for good smokey flavor.  Hubby wanted to buy townhouse/condo he hates yard work and my back has not been good.  SOOOOO  here we are in a condo but hey it is all paid for totally.  We have to follow Clark County, Nevada  laws no flame law in condos townhouse and apartments. 

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  13. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great score..................I wish i could get them here [​IMG]

Looking forward to the Qview 

14. psycho dad

psycho dad Smoke Blower

SCORE!  Nicework.

[​IMG]

15. smokin vegas

Tri tip before going in the smoker just put the rub home made rub on it.

[​IMG]

Smoke @ 200 degrees for 6 hours used hickory chips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got these bad boys on sale @ S & F chicken breast were for sale @ 99 cent a pound.  I think they had a flock of birdzillas.  Huge,huge

chicken breasts.  I had to smoked them for 5 hours @ 200 degrees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use a middle eastern recipe for marinated dried min, cilantro, cumin, fennel, garlic so I made a yogurt

sauce out of yougurt 2 tablespoons of sesasoning, grated cucumber and chopped green onions.

Sliced chicken put on flat spooned on Yougurt sauce and topped with diced tomatoes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  16. [​IMG]Love huge chicken breasts because can do so much with them.  Great presentation.

17. smokin vegas

Thanks!  You are so right there is alot you can do with the chicken breasts!   And when you apply a herb rub to them or marniate them it seems like they are even better the second day. 

18. Wow, that is some great looking grub right there!