I bought two

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by smoke_chef, Mar 18, 2008.

1. smoke_chef

smoke_chef Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I bought two $20 digital remote temp gauges at Wally World only to find out that I can only use one at a time. I worked it out by turning one off when I wanted to check the temp of the other. (Meat or Smoker) Is this normal? Did I have to buy two different brands maybe?

2. I may have the same one you've got. I think I'm getting a second for my birthday this week. After I get it I'll let you know if I have the same experience that you are having. Are the sensor bases close together?

3. oillogger

oillogger Meat Mopper OTBS Member

You may want to entertain getting a two meat temperature probe wireless Maverick ET-7 for less tha $40 including shipping from Amazon.

4. ibsmoking

ibsmoking Smoke Blower

you might take the backs off of both the Transmitter and the reciver and see if they have dip switchs that you can change. Just a guess

5. gt2003

gt2003 Meat Mopper

Wow, I just bought one today. It's the "smart bbq remote grill temp meter". It looks pretty neat. I plan on using it while preparing a ribeye this weekend. I just tested it and it looks like it will work fine. I guess I'll see how it works Sunday.