I bought the Book

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a great price. I just got my first grinder today in an exchange so this will be the start of my adventures in sausage making as well.
Good luck Blue.

A great read for sure. I really liked Ryteks story "Opening a sausage kitchen". Great investment you made. It is by far the best book on making sausage and meat curing that I have read so far.

That's the smoking bible! I still have my original version from 25 years ago. Great book.

Great news for you! My old copy is 10 years old and falling apart. I just ordered the new edition last night ($16 though). I saw my brother's new editon copy and it has a lot more new info in it. You'll love it.

I love that book as well as a relatively new one by Stanley Marianski called Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design. I love it b/c he spends a great deal of time teaching you HOW to make a great recipe and the building blocks of it. It is a great read and I really recommend it. His website is www.wedlinydomowe.com.

where did you get it at that price? i have been looking to get a copy and everywhere seems to be out of stock?

I'll second this recommendation. The Marianski book and website are also good ones to look at. The website being nearly a full summary of the book. I also have this book and used it as a guideline for building a propane drum smoker. A lot of good theory and information on the hows and whys of smoking meats. Once you know the theory, you can start thinking on your own......to a point.

i couldn't believe it when I picked it up. I know that many here refer to is as the smoking bible...but I thought that was only because if was smoking gospel. That book is as big as my bible too. I am loving it so far and planning out my vacation during the holidays.

I just looked at mine its about 10 years old and has a price tag of 28.00 but I bought it at a local butcher store who I like to support because of the help he gives me.

Where did you find it for that price I keep hearing people refer to the 4th edition, it may time to upgrade.

my "bible" of sausage recipes is from www.stuffers.com -
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

its free--in pdf---

many-many-many good recipes
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I think it's more local to the Midwest, but I got it at Borders. The price tag is 29.95 but I had some reward dollars that build up from buying my daughter her books over time. I combined the $15 in rewards with the 30% off and I ended up paying just over six with sales tax. It is the 4th edition and a great read so far. My bid decision now is what I am going to build so I can smoke more sausage all at once.

I did see it on Amazon.com for $15 but that was before shipping. I think shipping is free after $25. But i couldn't pass this oppurtunity up.

Man that "tex-mex" chorizo recipe from them is great. I will be doing this very soon. thanks I love to find new books for sausage.

stuffers has it all except for wallabee/kangaroo---

you can get that and other pacific rim sausage recipes from this aussie's web site
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
http://www.buildabbq.com/----

you must download free e-book for recipes---
has all info needed for a beginning meat smoker in it

this is first class knowledge -that hes giving away--

hes a member here---stevegaskin

I found my copy of the 4th edition at Barnes and Nobles and it was 29.95. Now I wanted it so I paid for it. I got my grinder and the book all on the same day my Birthday so I was in hog heaven. It is a good read I'm still reading it. Dang it Jim I thought you would have been grinding sausage for a long time.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky