I am still here El Guapo!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caustic

Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Sorry... I posted a question in one of the forums without posting here. I had no clue it was here nor that it was protocol.

I'm new to smoking and love doing it because of the endless possibilities that there are. Aslo that your imagination is the only limit for different cooking techniques and recipes. I'm building my own smoker atm mocking a Backwoods Chubby and it's coming along GREAT! Started Sunday and I should be done by Friday. I'm from Illinois.

Glad I found this forum! Seems like a lot of information and a lot of good folks here!

Here is the 2nd day's picture.

1162b124_IMG00003-20100628-1456.jpg

cool.gif

Your smoker is coming alone pretty good and I'm glad you came here for there's a whole world knowledge here and we are more then happy to share it with you.

Thanks for stopping by roll call, and welcome to the SMF. Looks like you've got the build under control, good luck on the rest. BTW, when you say "El Guapo", are you talking about the build or yourself? It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
"I am still here El Guapo" is a quote from The Three Amigos. That's all. I didn't know what else to title the post. Though it would be amusing to stencil that on the sides of the smoker to give it a name. Haha!

"I am still here El Guapo" is a quote from The Three Amigos. That's all. I didn't know what else to title the post. Though it would be amusing to stencil that on the sides of the smoker to give it a name. Haha!
I own that movie, it's a classic. And I agree that it would be cool on the side of your smoker. Have a good one.

Nice to have you here Caustic- as you have already noted in your OP, there is a lot of great info to be found here and the folks are some of the best on the 'net.  We have a number of members here that have fabricated there own smokers and are master builders in their own right.  So if you have questions or ideas you want to run past the members here, you get some sound answers.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Thx all for the warm welcome...it feels about 225 degrees warm... coincidence?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky