Hunsaker Vortex Drum Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got to visit with 2 teams that were using them at Osage City KS this spring and was very impressed with the design. So much so that my wife told me to order one for Father's Day!
Compared to the Gateway drum, these have no hot spots, one of the guys hangs his ribs an inch or two off the Vortex plate and swears they will not burn.
I looked at the Gateways as well and Hunsaker seems to be a little better deal to me.

Reactions: Marknmd and jasper7
Hey Gomez that's exactly the kind of feed back I was looking for.  You've actually seen this smoker and have talked to someone who's used it.  I'm still trying to track down vendors  out my way, so I can take a look at it for myself.  But it is encouraging to hear a positive opinion on them, so thanks for your help.

Glad I could help! I think they are new/small enough that there isn't much of a dealer network yet.
There are a few videos on YouTube, 2 are from Chris Rios who I know and is one of the teams that use them locally.
If you are on Facebook there is a Friends of Hunsaker Vortex Smoker page that might be helpful.
Otherwise, when mine gets here I'd be happy to send you pictures and more opinions.

Could I add this basket to my gateway and basically turn it in to a hunsaker?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky