Howdy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glhall1960

Original poster
Oct 18, 2015
Just another novice smoker here looking for tips and tricks. I've had a couple Brinkmann electric bullet smokers and a gas smoker, but decided that I wanted to get serious. I bought a new Masterbuilt 40" Smart Digital Electric Bluetooth Smoker with Legs. I've got a couple of pork shoulders and four pork butts ready to go into it today as soon as I finish seasoning it. I've also got a couple pork loins to try after the first round. After reading the forums I'm going to go with a 230°F cook temperature and judge the cook time by internal meat temperature. If you have any good advice it would be much appreciated.

I know that Masterbuilt currently makes some good electric smokers, but I couldn't find this model number (2007in any of the reviews that I'd read so far. Hopefully it's not a lemon as some I've read about. Just double checked the model number (20070215) and found that Sam's Club had misprinted the model number on their website and that was why I couldn't find it in any reviews... Just lovely. I hope I'm not left nursing the thing along just to have it completely fail after the warranty. I suppose in light of what I've learned the extended warranty might be the way to go after all.

Welcome from SC. Glad to have you. This is a great site. That's quite a load of meat for a first time cook on a new cooker. Just relax and don't get frustrated. Take one issue or meat decision at a time. Good luck with your cook. Let us know how it turns out. Joe

Welcome.

You've got a great unit. Be sure to join the Masterbuilt Group. There you will find lots of great tips and hints on the care and feeding of your new machine!

B

Last edited:
I'm hoping that what I lack in experience I can make up in knowledge, hence my lurking here in the forum. I do have enough general experience cooking that I don't rely on seat-of-the-pants first time out. This is definitely going to be a learning experience and I'm armed with backup thermometers just so I make a reasonable effort to avoid catastrophe. That being said, this is a load of meat that was almost to the "cook it or throw it away" stage that I bought for a steal, so whether it all works out or not, I'm getting the experience.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a warm and cloudy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thanks y'all! When I get the chance I'll post the full story on my first experience with my Bluetooth Digital MES. I'll try to get a few pictures to go along with the post.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky