Howdy from The Culture Center of the Universe-Oklahoma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

typicalokie

Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Good afternoon to all you fine folks at this great forum!! typicalokie here.
I have been into smoking meat and the like for about 4yrs now and absolutely love it. My smoker is an old converted Kelvinator fridge. 70's model maybe. Not much for looks but dang can it smoke!! My favorite thing to smoke is ribs, but I will do just about anything else I think might be tastey like squirrel, oppossum.... Naa just kiddin'. although smoked squirrel doesn't sound too far fetched, mixed with red-eyed gravy.. who knows? I also like to stuff banana peppers and smoke them. A real hit on
OU game day. I'm anxious to try the smoked cabbage. MMMM looks real good!! Have a great day, all.
typicalokie

HELLO HELLO,
im glad to meet you...

smoked squirel is great..
i need 3 for myself..
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome Typicalokie, smoked squirrel would probably be pretty good, but I can't waste it when I could make squirrel and dumplings instead
icon_mrgreen.gif

you better work on that dog's training
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif
. If its a Lab it will learn anything just to make you happy.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Wonderful dogs.

How about dropping by roll call and intoducing yourself to everyone.

Welcome TypicalOkie -

I love squirrels and rabbits, but I never eatten oppossum. I've heard there quite good though.

PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Granny Moses was well known for her oppossum shanks.
Thanks alot smokers for the warm welcome. Looking forward
to gaining more smokin' knowledge from you folks.

typicalokie, glad to have you with us. Looking forward to seeing your posts. Would love to have you come out to the SMF Gathering in June. There will be more announcements about it coming soon. Let us know if you're interested, we'll get some info out to you.

Keep Smokin

Welcome typicalokie from a former Okie. Grew up in Enid and lived most of the time in OKC and Tulsa. Anyway, relocated to S. FL. Would love to see your old fridge and some the goodies you produce. Post a pic now and then to get this group all stired up. By the way, whats wrong with possum
eek.gif

I would like to see pics of your Kelvinator. There are a few of us on the forum that have also done the conversion.

I will certainly post some pics. I hope to smoke some ribs tomorrow,possibly some fatties and cabbage. A gathering sounds
interesting... just depends on when and where exactly. I've noticed
quit a few Okies on the forum. I'm about 30 miles east of OKC, did about
6 yrs in Muskogee also. Not far from Tulsa. I look forward to seeing other
conversions too. Later!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky