Howdy from Southwest PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Hi all! My name is Carl, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a graphic artist. I love to hunt deer with a flintlock smoothbore. I enjoy French Indian War reinactments, so I know how to cook over a open fire. Even so, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m relatively new to smoking…in fact I was a vegan for years until a sultry ale swigging lass seduced me with the crispy fat of a 2" thick charcoal grilled prime Delmonico steak during a mountain bike weekend, from then on tofu became a foggy memory.
Also you will call me a Big Gurl, but Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m using a Brinkmann Electric with a inline rheostat to get the temperature down, but not for long! However my grandkids are crying for deer hot stick. I got them addicted on my fresh venison breakfast sausage (they wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even eat Bob Evans anymore)…so here I am throwing myself at the feet of the wisest smoking Sachems I can find, bless me with hints of your vast pool of knowledge, I am as clay in your hands!

Carl, welcome to Smoking Meat Forums. As you look over the various forum topics, you will find that we smoke anything from meats, to nuts and veggies. Since your grandkids like your deer sticks, you might be interested in our Wild game and our Sausage forums. I should warn you about what you will see here in the way of pictures of what our members have done-You may find yourself with the urge to sniff and/or lick your monitor and gnaw on your keyboard. You might want to invest in a plastic keyboard cover so you don't short out the keyboard when you start drooling. :P

Take a moment and check out tulsajeffs' 5 Day eCourse. It has a lot of great information to get you going.

Enjoy!

howdy, your from my neck of the woods UP. im from the ohio side of where your at, about 45 min from stubenville.

glad to have you here, we have been waiting, your a little late but its all good :roll:

never be afraid to ask me any question you may have i can find some one here who knows the answer.

You mentioned that your deer sticks are like sausage...check out the information on the "fatty". I too have an electric smoker and love it...I've had mine for about a year and use it more and more. This site is excellent for recipes and ideas!!

Welcome to the group. If you have questions ask them, somebody will give you an answer and almost all of us will give you our opinion :).

Grab a cold one and jump right on in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky