Howdy from small town Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

breck

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Small town central Iowa
Hi!
My name is Brian but I answer to Breck. Not because it's a brand of cheap shampoo and other hygene products, but because my last name is Breckenridge.
I'm not nessicerily a smoking virgin, but pretty darn close.
Have done some heavy petting with a KC smoker and a few turkeys.
I live in an apartment on the third floor and I'm usually poor so I'm somewhat limited to what I can have for equipment. Right now I have the aforementioned Rival KC smoker, it's done okay I guess, but I don't feel all that manly standing around and drinking beer infront of someting that looks like a table top roaster.

Heh.... Welcome to SMF... we'll have you getting complements on your Q soon...even if we can't help the "manliness" thing ;{)

And you better change that avitar before Payson, Meowey and LisaCso see it! Wooo doggies!

OH Gawd not another-ya what Rich says on the aviter-we don't harm animals around here-just smoke them-WD gonna be tickled u showed up.

Welcome to the forum.

The only comment I have regarding the hammer and cats is to use the biggest hammer you got.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Breck,
Welcome from another Cental Iowa small town smoker. What small town are you from. It can't be too small if it has an apartment building 3 stories tall.
Enjoy the forum and be sure to sign up for the 5 day online smoking course.
Have fun.

Don't you mean "Clown Zone"? Go Hawks! I'm originally from Cedar Falls, went to Iowa and am now down in SC. Just trying to figure out this smoking stuff.

Breck
Welcome to SMF; nothing wrong with a KC Rival, it brought you here didn't it !!!
There are a few other members here that use the same smoker. If later down the road you choose to get another smoker, that is good; can never have enough smokers !!!

Welcome aboard from North Iowa. Hey poor is how Qing got started! Nothing wrong with being poor. You now, they say money won't buy happiness, although I beleive it buys a better grade of misery! I'd like to try it one day. Any who, show us some of your q-view when you get a chance!

Welcome. Don't feel you have to apologize for your gear. I started with the single rack, pint size Brinkman.

Welcome aboard..........No problem with the kc smoker from rival......You use what you can, smoke is smoke,....................

IT'S ANOTHER HAWKEYE!!!!!!

Central IOWA, between all of ya, just East of Ames

And WELCOME!!

Breckenridge,when I heard that name I had to go into my many papers of family history-the papers I have go back to 1700s-england-came over on the constalation into mass. any how my family from Iowa great great married a Indian and setteled in Iowa-have roots in davenport-maquakata and debique-theres Breckenridge mentioned in alot of these papers-hmmmm

Thanks for the welcome everybody, this seems like a really cool place.

And yes, Iowa is pretty much a matrix of small towns in between patches of corn. I live in Monroe. It's about 10 minutes north of Lake Red Rock.
And surprisingly we do have a 3 story apartment complex here, I think this particular one was made espescially for people who are getting devorced or groups of kids right out of high school.
We were all a little surprised when they built it, nothing is suppoed to be that tall around here unless it's a silo.

As I mentioned earlier I have a Rival KC smoker which has treated me pretty good, but I'd like to upgrade. Due to lack of space on my deck I'm thinking about an vertical LP unit.
One question though, has much gas should I expect to go through on a usual smoke?
You guys have any particular models you're pretty proud of?
Any I should stay away from?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky