Howdy from Orange, VA!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

new to q

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Orange, VA
How's it going everybody? I found this site a few weeks ago while running a google search for ugly drum smokers and I've just got to say the amount of information here is incredible.

The name is Brian BTW and I've done some smoking on and off through the years, but usually only on cheap electric smokers. Not really enough to say I have any real smoking experience. My last smoker purchase was about two years ago when I picked up an electric Masterbuilt smoke house at Gander Mountain.

I found it to be a huge disappointment though as absolutely everything I cooked in it came out tasting un-smoked no matter how many loads of wood chips I tossed in the thing. I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t used it now for the past six months so I think itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s time to move on to something better (UDS!). Anyway, I look forward to talking to you fellow Q enthusiasts in the future.
- Brian

Welcome to SMF Brian... And hello from another Virginian I'm across the mountain from ya in the Shenandoah Valley. You'll learn alot here at SMF.

Brian welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Before giving up on the MES maybe check out the section on them many of our members turn out some great looking stuff using them. With that said go ahead and build a UDS too you can never have too many smokers
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

Well you have found the right place for ideas and help.

One thing I always notice is that that after several hours of messing around with the smoker, my tastes couldn't taste smoke if you held a gun to them! You will hear a lot of people so the smoke flavor comes out better in a day or so...I've always if this why. That's my 2 cents...welcome aboard!

Hi Brian, do a little reading around the forum for MES comments and tips. BTW, can't go wrong with a UDS either.

Hey welcome to the site there is more info on here just in old post i'm sure if you have a ? some one will help you with a answer

Welcome, Brian!! I use an MES almost every weekend, and have had good luck. I will say that they can have a few problems, as I've seen in the electric smoker forum. Whatever you use, there's someone here who can help. Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky