How do you make BACON-flavored BEEF jerky?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
This one has become a personal challenge.  

How do you make bacon-flavored beef jerky?

First of all, I don't want to use pork or bacon for this project.  It won't last (rancid) and I don't think it will result in the texture I want for whole muscle jerky.

I think I'd use the typical top-round or bottom-round, whatever goes on sale and doesn't require a bank loan.

But then...what do I do?

I'm thinking I could use my same maple sugar bacon cure mix and some CBP on the sliced beef and cure it overnight. Maybe add some extra brown sugar?  I usually use Hi Mountain mixes for my jerky.  This would be about the same stuff.  Then, I'd smoke it at about 180 or so until done.

Would I get a similar "bacon" flavor if it's not pork?

Anyone attempt this before?

These are questions.

I need some ideas, folks!!!!!  Help a guy out!!!!!

I would think it would be like cured Beef Jerky or Cured Dried Beef, with maybe a sweetness added.

If you cure Pork, you get Belly Bacon, Jowl Bacon, Buckboard Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Ham, etc, etc.

If you cure & smoke Beef, you get Smoked Beef Jerky or Smoked Dried Beef, depending on if you slice it before or after curing & smoking. The only difference you might have is a bit of sweetness from the Maple Sugar added.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky