How do you like to serve pork tenderlion?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
doing 2 tonight and would like some ideas besides just slice and serve. Maybe sandwhich? I may do macaroni with it in the smoker.

Butterfly and stuff with rice or stuffing.
or
Pound out loin steaks flat and roll up with XYZ, and tie with butchers twine and then cook.XYZ can consist of any profile you desire such as asparagus, peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese, BBQ sauce, etc.
or
A combination of the two listed above- Get creative!

Reactions: motolife313
Pork Tender Diane is a fav here. Cook/Smoke to 140, rest, slice and top with the Brandy, Dijon Mustard, Mushroom, Cream Sauce. Add some egg noodles to soak up extra sauce and a veg. I use the recipe below with Button or Crimini Mushrooms. It will make enough sauce for one Tender...JJ

https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Classic-Steak-Diane

Reactions: motolife313
Pounding really thin, breaded, fried, with a squeeze of lemon AKA schnitzel.

Also, slice real thin .... stack a bunch on a soft kaiser roll -- the kind that are dusted with corn dust .. we buy cobblestone brand .. stack it on at least 1 1/2 inches thick of thinly sliced .. and some BBQ sauce ,, sweet baby ray's vidalia onion preferred .... add a nice bread and butter pickle on the side .. you were thinking of mac on the side .. would be good ...
the only problem is .. you will be reaching for another kaiser roll and loading it back up .. lol ..

Pork loin or pork tenderloin?
Tenderloin I slice thin and vacuum seal. I will use it for stir fry, hot pork sandwiches or just eat it sliced.

IMG_6717.JPG
I cooked it with apple and about 25% walnut came out great, had it for breakfast to and went back for seconds I think the whole walnut being bitter is a myth
IMG_6716.JPG
IMG_6692.JPG
I just sliced and served. I'll use mushrooms and other goodies next time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky