holding in cooler question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ralphbrown05

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
jacksonville, fl
ok on sep 4th i stated in a previous post that im doing a welcome home party for my cousin who just got back from africa, cuz hes in the marines, and im doing a 7 pound pork shoulder, a 9 poundish brisket, and about 3 racks of spares, we want to eat around 12 or 1 due to family having to travel long distances...so i want to give my self plenty of time to smoke the brisket, but my question is if my brisket gets done a few hours before im expecting it to be, by wrapping it in several layers of heavy duty alum foil, wrapping it in some towels, and sticking it in a cooler, how long should the food stay warm for?  ive never done this before so thats why im asking

I just did this with some PB last week and left it overnight in the cooler wrapped in 2 layers of foil and about 6 towels and when I pulled it from the cooler it was still too hot to handle after 6 hours

Scarbelly is right - you can keep things hot for hours. I have gone 4 hours and the meat is still too hot to handle, expecially if you have the cooler pretty full.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky