Hofmann's Going National!

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by pops6927, May 7, 2012.

1. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Great that they will be available for you in Texas because you would have to be Rich or Crazy to spend $93 for them to ship 6 Lbs of Hotdogs to your house!...JJ

3. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

WOW, them must be sum GOOOOD hot dogs! My taste buds are not that highly tuned!

4. Glad you'll be able to finally get them!

5. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Done that!  And Linda's aunt shipped us a 10 lb bag also she bought from a store!  And their Coneys are great too!  (they call them Snappy's, others call them White hots also).  Dad sold them in bulk in his store since I was born, only hot dog I ever ate until I moved out! 

6. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang I hope the quality doesn't change. I wonder if they will be shipping Syracuse made dog's to Texas, or giving up the recipe to a Texas packer to produce locally.
    Time will tell.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. Hope they reach Ca,I LOVE a good dog!

8. Good for you!
    Maybe Grandma Brown's Baked Beans will eventually come your way! LOL :biggrin:

[​IMG]

~Martin :wink:

9. danmcg

Don't forget the salt potatoes
    [​IMG]

10. pops6927

O   M   G   !!!!

D R O O L  !!!!  

And Jean's Beans Fried Fish and homemade salads!

We loved all those things!

There was a place in Dallas that carried Hofmann's; I wrote them and they said they shipped them 200#  a week consistently, so I would imagine they'd just distribute from their warehouse if they are a national carrier as they sell to chains to carry them; it would be a frozen cartage I am sure.

Sorry Dutch... but Grandma Browns are hard to beat!  Never had them smoked, how are they, DanMcG and Martin?

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  11. I think they're great!
    I love Grandma Brown's because they're thick and tasty, I don't care for watery and runny baked beans that some folks make.
    They're a must to accompany Cornell chicken and salt potatoes..........or just about anything! :biggrin:

~Martin

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  12. pops6927

They're here...!

Picked up a package of each, German Franks and Snappy Grillers (white hots) at Albertson's right down the street 2 blocks from my house on the way home from therapy class!  They also had NC All Beef and skinless franks too.  Prices on the German, Snappy's and Skinless were on sale, 2/$7.00, All Beef $5.58, all 16 oz. pkgs.  Going to save them for Saturday and do them out on the grill!  Also sent my two boys and my wife at work an email letting them know they're here too!  They were all SUPER Excited!!!  Nothing beats a Hofmann!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  13. I wonder if they'll come to NC. They look good. Nobody uses veal anymore. So that's impressive.

14. pops6927

Do you have an Albertson's there?

15. Nope.

16. Cool! [​IMG]

~Martin

17. danmcg

Wow they didn't waste any time in getting them on the shelves down there. I know you guys will be in seventh heaven now! That top frank looks a little short, did you get impatient and take a bite ?

Just for conversation, Do ya notice it says made with lamb casings. Hofmanns is the only brand that I've see that says that. anybody got any thoughts on that.

18. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I just checked the Albertson's here in town and they have not arrived here yet 

19. rabbithutch

rabbithutch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Our Albertson's bailed shortly after wally world starting selling groceries here. Been a few years now. We have HEB and wally. Wonder if HEB will carry them.

20. pops6927

Well, so much for that plan, grilling them Saturday.... mom got home and said, "Heck YESSS!  Wait on the Cornell Pork Steak, we'll have Hofmann's!!"  I'll just let the pork steak marinade an extra day in the Cornell sauce!  

Each had a German and a Snappy - O M G were they good!  Cook 'em just until the skin browns and cracks!  The Flavor was great on both - just a whole lotta meat flavor, not filler flavor!  The Snappy's are a white hot with a bratwurst flavor - gotta have horseradish with 'em and fried onions!  WOW!

Got to write to them and say a big Texas "THANK YOU!" - I've dreamed of the day we'd get them here to have on a regular basis!