Hi-temp Paint Questions??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smok'n steve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 11, 2008
Maine
I know that a lot of you have used the Hi- Heat spray cans sold at your local hardware stores. They are usually Flat Black, but the spray width on those cans makes it difficult to get a good paint job. Any ideas on which is the best paint, best sheen to use, and best way to apply it? I know some of you BDS owners have some KICK*** paint jobs out there.

Anyone ever buy it by the quart? Ever use a semigloss? Ever have good results rolling it on with a fine foam roller. I have a residential paint sprayer but I usually use it for houses and it sucks up a gallon just to fill the hoses. I know that an Automotive style sprayer would be the way to go with a large paint job, but figured I would see what you guys have had good results with.

steve I never have used hi temp outta a can-as far as sprayer I have a couple HVLP's I use when painting cars or my clear finishes on wood-I have bought a couple cheap 1's from harbor freight for BS work around here,when I don't want to use my good 1's-they will spray decent.as far as paint u can get at auto paint place but u will need primer & thinner-pretty spendy.not sure what others use.sorry.

Go to an automotive parts store, and there is a brand of paint called VHT in aerosal spray cans, and comes in many many colors.

It's rated at 1300F degrees I believe, and you can get semi gloss or even a wrinkle finish if thats what suits you.

Thanks for the Paint tips guys, any others, feel free to post your ideas/experiences or links. Much appreciated:-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky