Hi I'm sarge1947

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sarge1947

Original poster
Jul 1, 2016
Lansing Michigan USA
I just got a Masterbuilt electric smoker and I'm seasoning it now. I'm going to try to smoke two meals this weekend. Chicken drumsticks and baby back ribs. I have no clue about either except what I've read so far. 

I live in Lansing Michigan

I was born in 1947 (hence my login name)

Spent 14 years in the US Army from 1965 to 1979

retired as a computer analyst at the State of Michigan

I like hunting, though I don't do it much now, and fishing and woodworking

I about to embark on a smoking habit (hobby?)

Welcome Sarge!!  
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined us!
icon14.gif

Below is a link to my Step by Steps Index. They are all done on a Masterbuilt Electric, and could be of help to you.

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

And-----Thank You for your Service to our Country!

Bear

So what is AMNPS and how does it work with my smoker? It's a 30" Digital Electric Smoker. I don't know what MES means. 

Told ya I don't have a clue....Maybe Masterbuilt Electric Smoker ??

Last edited:
So you just decide the size you need and put it on the bottom grate??

I see the products but don't see an instruction or "how to" page. 

Does it make a big difference?

Lastly, should I be asking these questions in another thread?

Welcome to smoking!! I started in May as a new hobby but it kind of becomes a lifestyle.  I have to fire up that smoker at least once a week or I start craving some smoked meat.  

So what is AMNPS and how does it work with my smoker? It's a 30" Digital Electric Smoker. I don't know what MES means. 

Told ya I don't have a clue....Maybe Masterbuilt Electric Smoker ??
MES stands for "Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse".

So you just decide the size you need and put it on the bottom grate??

I see the products but don't see an instruction or "how to" page. 

Does it make a big difference?

Lastly, should I be asking these questions in another thread?
The best one for your MES 30 is the 5" X 8" AMNPS.

You will need a mess of Wood Pellets too, and you should get some Dust too. They have all kinds of flavors, but I use almost all Hickory, because I can actually tell it is smoked when I use Hickory. So many people use things like Peach or Apple, and then complain "I can't taste the smoke".

You might as well get a set of wireless digital Therms, like the Maverick ET-732. You will need that to make it easy to smoke great food.

That's it---I promise!! ----MES, AMNPS & Pellets & Dust, Maverick Digital-----That's all you really need.

You can get all that stuff from Todd, at Amazing Smoker.

Just click on the business card below that says "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER".

Bear

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky