Hi guys New member here from PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cbennett

Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Central PA
Always liked good smoked meats and just went to a friends housewarming party a few weeks ago and he has a giant 55 gallon drum offset smoker that he did a TON of meat on,,,he has Pork shoulder,ribs,loin,Turkey breast, a whole chicken, also did fish did Walleye and Perch...everything was great and we all loved it(me,wife,kid) so I decided to take the plunge....I just got a Master Forge dual door Propane cabinet smoker from Lowes..I got it "Seasoned" with some Mesquite wood on Saturday burnt it at about 225 for a hour with the wood and water...now im ready to take my first plunge into trying some smoking...I will be doing a Turkey breast this coming weekend...hopefully I dont butcher it :) . I need to get a meat thermometer though its the main thing im lacking right now...well that and some more ingredients for a rub for this Turkey breast :)

Last edited:
Well CBennett, Welcome to SMF. Lots of folks here that are ready and willing to help you out. Check out the Sauces, Rubs and Marinades section, you'll find a number of rubs there. Also you can purchase TulsaJeffs Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce recipes as a combo or separately. Both are great and the funds help support the running of this forum.

Enjoy!

Welcome CB !

Always good to have another PA smoker here!

Lots of good peeps here.

Bearcarver

It seems so..I just got a meat thermometer today and some stuff for a rub for this weekend :) im also gonna check out the rubs section to see how i can make a good one! TY guys.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there C Bennet. You'll like it here for there are alot of good folks here that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking meat. Now you will find a many a good recipes and methods here.along with some great sections on just about any subjecthaving to do with smoking. So now go out there and smoke something and please don't forget the Qview. We just love that stuff.

Welcome To Your New Addiction     

Well i just bought the same smoker and am starting this weekend.  close to philly.  Season on saturday and smoke some ribs on sunday.

Hello Fellow Central PA, CBennett!  I've only been on here a few days and can tell you that everyone is totally cool if you develop a smoking "problem".  It's kinda like a support group full of enablers!  Tomorrow, I'm trying out Bearcarver's recipe for pepperoni sticks (no casings).  I've taken some pics of the prep process and will post everything in a Qview tomorrow evening after the smoke.  If you look in the direction of Mifflin County and see smoke, it's just me
icon_cool.gif
gettin' busy with the Brinkmann!!

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the SMF. You might try to spatchcock that turkey breast, might make it more manageable. Even if you smoke it as is, you'll love the taste. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky