Hi everybody.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trejund

Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Pensacola, Florida
Hello, My name is Rio and I am from Florida.  I just purchased me a Oklahoma Joe Highlander smoker.  I am pretty decent at smoking foods but I don't have it down to a science.  I only the thermometer that have came with previous smokers too measure the temp of my smokers.  This time around I want to do things a little different because I want to enter into a bbq completion in March.  It is a beginner level competition and I am trying to learn all the tips and tricks that I can.  I don't know anybody in my area so I figured I would join the Smokingmeatforum to learn all that I can.  Looking forward to drawing knowledge from the people here.  Thanks and have a nice day.

Hello Rio, welcome to the forum from another rainy day in East Texas, Look through the different forums and threads a ton of information there. You need some help on something just ask

Gary S

Hey Rio

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky