Hey from Gladstone, Mo

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by happyrock, May 4, 2012.

1. Keep ending up on this site.  Seems to be the best info on smoking and grilling.  I'm Mike, 51 and have been using a Char-broil vertical smoker for about 2 years.  Really getting into it.  Smoke alot of meats during the week, sometimes the weekends and let the neighbors give me their opinion...sense their sniffers are driving them nuts..so they say!  :)   My wife, dog and extended family between here and Tennessee really enjoy ribs and chicken.  I keep looking for yet a newer smoker, however I'm unsure if I want to get a horizontal type..but I for sure want to get another vertical.  Anyone know of a great smoker of this type?  Brand?  I have thought about a trailer type, however it would probably stay in my backyard for the most part.  Mine is not stable enough to move to another location.  Its not real thick metal..maybe 1/16".  But it does hold the heat steady at 200-225F.  

So just wanted to say hi.  I've never done any competition, however a lot of people say I should.  I'm not much for crowds.   Anyone else near KC or nearby have get togethers?  

I still have lots to learn, but having a blast doing so.  

Mike

2. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

:welcome1: to SMF

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hello Mike and [​IMG]to SMF - Glad to have you here 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location

4. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Welcome  its nice to have ya.. There is lots to learn  and great people to learn from.. Have fun and Happy smoking.. BBQ UP

5. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hello Mike and [​IMG]  to SMF!

6. Thanks for the welcomes...really nice place and I can almost smell the wood smokin' and the meats cookin' :)