Help! Where can I pick up a Smokin' Pro locally

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

enfuego

Original poster
May 31, 2009
Greetings. I'm a newbie here and a diehard charcoal guy. My in-laws would like to buy me a new grill for my birthday and spend around $200 to $250. I'm thinking a Char-griller Smokin' Pro would be terrific. I'm new to smoking meats, but I'd like to learn.

The problem is that I can't seem to locate a Smokin' Pro. I tried Lowes and Home Depot. No luck. Lowes has a Char-griller Super Pro, which doesn't have a side firebox (and Lowes didn't carry that accessory.) Home Depot carries the CharBroil Silver Smoker, but from what I can gather here, it's not quite as nice as the Smokin' Pro.

Any ideas on what chains might stock the Smokin' Pro? I'm in a medium-size city in the Western United States.

Or should I just have the in-laws get me the Silver Smoker instead?

Thanks in advance for any help, guys. I'm looking forward to enjoying this new hobby. I just finished building a new house and moved my wife and infant son in three weeks ago. We have a HUUUGE patio that begs for a new grill/smoker.
biggrin.gif

Lowes is the place to go. The two pieces are sold seperatley. The char-grill super pro and the char grill side fire box. They do not come assembled and thats where the fun begins. I have a hard time beliving they dont sell the side fire box. I would call them and talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. At my lowes the two pieces are not near each other but the boxes stand out pretty well. Black and yellow. Here is the links to lowes site for the main chamber. They dont have the fire box on the site.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...121&lpage=none
This is a link to a thread with the mods that I made. Maybe you can get some ideas from there.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...t=75966&page=3
Good Luck!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lowes can special order the fire box. But is the Super Pro the same grill as the Smokin' Pro?

I got my CGSP at Lowes last year. Indeed the base model is the SuperPro, and you buy the side firebox separately.

If you're in doubt, bring a tape measure with you. The dimensions are 30" long x 20" diameter.

P.S. I've recently looked at both the current SilverSmoker and the $159 Brinkmann horizontal offset. The CharGriller is, without question, a better choice.

From the link :

Outlaw is a little bigger.

For the sfb :

Appears to be the same as this minus the 10$ extra for the legs.
Just make sure there is a punchout that can be removed for use as a SFB.

Yep, Got both pieces at Lowes. And as mentioned above they are packaged and shelved in different locations in the stores. Mine works great after applying the Mods listed here. If your Lowes does not have it, go to another Lowes, of course, I live in the Big City so there are several to choose from within 15 miles. Good Cookin!

What might be throwing you off is the extra piece that creates that flat top. It's bought seperately and used for cooking a pot (like beeans) . I wouldn't bother with it. It will get in the way when opening it.

I use it to preheat splits before they go into the fire. But you definitely don't need it to be smokin'.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky