Help...Heat but no smoke???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adklabor

Original poster
Dec 12, 2013
Heya guys...Have an MES 40. yesterday was only the second time i've used it. bought an amps too. Started that, took out the firebox from the grill, removed the loader, lit the pellets with a propane torch, got them smoking really good, put the ribs and amps in the smoker at 230.  15 minutes later, no more smoke.  Happened twice more.  smoker was preheated too.  so I figured i'd just go with the regular chip box that came with the smoker, and pt that back in.  hmmmm.  the wood turned to charcoal, just about, but didn't produce any smoke.at all.  I preheated the wood pellets when i preheated the smoker. I even put a fan in front of the loader hole.  the MES kept up the temp of the smoker, but no smoke.  anyone have any idea whats up with this thing?  thanks!   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky