Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dwyzane

Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Hello everyone. I've been browsing the forum and reading some great stuff here. I've learned quite a bit, but I'm very new to smoking. I've tried one or two recipes, and enjoyed them a lot. I'm still having problems building a good fire though. I do have a quick question though:

I got a little over ancy after my last pork butt, and cooked two this weekend. Way to much left over, brought some for myslef and a fellow coworker, but I threw some in ziploc bags for freezing. Is this okay? And how should I go about reheating if so?

i usually freeze in portion size and just throw the ziploc in some boiling water.make sure ya got the heavy duty kind and squeeze all the air out before freezing.Oh , and welcome to smf !!

Welcome to the forum.

I just microwave on low after defrosting. I haven't tried boiling in zip locks, but I would think if you got some water boiled and turned off the burner, and tossed them in that would work also.

Welcome to SMF. Like the rest, I try to keep pulled pork on hand at all times. Freezes well and comes in handy for a quick smoked meal.

Welcome aboard. In my limited experience (4 butts) I've done the microwave and zip lock bag in hot water. Both have worked for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky