Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikeydee

Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Hi All,

I just joined this forum a few days ago and have found a lot of useful information here. I curently live in Bay Shore, Long Island but I am moving to Staten Island, NY in a few weeks. I started smoking about a year and a half ago and have becomed hooked on it. I have a silver smoker and have had no complaints with it as of yet. Before I got the smoker I would indirect cook and grill a lot of things on an Aussie Monaro charcoal grill. I still have this grill because I love it. I have smoked a lot of baby backs, chickens and butts and have some success and some failures, but even the failures werent too bad. I still have a lot to learn but this forum has been very informative. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Mike

www.mikeydees.com

Welcome aboard Mike

I'm new to this site as well...but I can tell ya ...if you have questions.. this is the right place to find the answers..lots of great, helpfull people here..

Richard

Mike, welcome to the Smoking Meat Forum. Like vulcan has stated, there is a lot of fine folks here that will help you out and answer your questions.
Like you, they have had their failures and successes-most of them-me included- had to learn from someone else and/or by trial and error. By visiting this forum, you can tap into a vast wealth of information on tips trick and recipes.

Enjoy!

Welcome to SMF Mike. You've found a great site to learn and share. Ben and I owe our smoking success to tips we got from the members here and on those occasions that weren't so successful we've been able to learn what to do differently next time. Hope you enjoy it hear and we look forward to hearing from you in other posts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky