Hello there Smoky friends!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrsmoky

Fire Starter
Original poster
I am happy to meet everyone on smokingmeatforums.com and thank you in advance for sharing your time and awesome knowledge!!! 

I just want to start by saying how excited I am to have found this forum and as a newcomer to it and the fine craft of smoking food, I am very excited to learn where it starts and how far it goes. I currently am part of a new review site, which you are welcome to LIKE on facebook if you wish. www.facebook.com/bestwingsli . Please note!(I am not here as an advertiser!)

Once I get comfortable with certain cooking methods I usually will get creative and try new things so I hope to not only learn but to contribute good info in time :) 

I would like to smoke not just for me but to make family and friends smile with delight and create lasting memories of good times and glory days!

I have been used to using grills with charcoal, mesquite woods, smoke pellets and indirect heat. I have smoked Brisket, Wings, Steaks and Chicken with some very tasty results but I feel I am barely scratching the surface when it comes to how rich and smoky the food could be as I have had some fantastic smoked foods in my travels.

However it's time and I feel I would like to get a real dedicated smoker (as my birthday is comin up!!!!)

and really get into the craft, Do's and don'ts, what makes smokers better or worse than others, etc.

I love Chicken (Wings), Brisket, Ribs, Pulled Pork, Bacon, Burgers, Cheese, Peppers, beans and Veggies, Slaw etc.....I Want to get more into Rubs and Good Sauces!!! I also want to learn more about cuts of meats and different types of wood or smoke flavors to combine as well as smoking cheese etc.

I currently live in Long Island New York but have lived on the west coast as well and tend to bounce around.

Thanks again, It's a pleasure to be in the company of fellow smoke enthusiasts and professionals alike!!

Sincerely,

Mr.Smoky!!

Hello Mr Smokey and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you join us 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

welcome.gif

Welcome aboard the SMF!! Lots of great info, recipes, and ideas here for your reading pleasure as well as a friendly and helpful group to answer all your questions. Enjoy your stay.

Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky