Hello there Smoky friends!!!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by mrsmoky, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I am happy to meet everyone on smokingmeatforums.com and thank you in advance for sharing your time and awesome knowledge!!! 

I just want to start by saying how excited I am to have found this forum and as a newcomer to it and the fine craft of smoking food, I am very excited to learn where it starts and how far it goes. I currently am part of a new review site, which you are welcome to LIKE on facebook if you wish. www.facebook.com/bestwingsli . Please note!(I am not here as an advertiser!)

Once I get comfortable with certain cooking methods I usually will get creative and try new things so I hope to not only learn but to contribute good info in time :) 

I would like to smoke not just for me but to make family and friends smile with delight and create lasting memories of good times and glory days!

I have been used to using grills with charcoal, mesquite woods, smoke pellets and indirect heat. I have smoked Brisket, Wings, Steaks and Chicken with some very tasty results but I feel I am barely scratching the surface when it comes to how rich and smoky the food could be as I have had some fantastic smoked foods in my travels.

However it's time and I feel I would like to get a real dedicated smoker (as my birthday is comin up!!!!)

and really get into the craft, Do's and don'ts, what makes smokers better or worse than others, etc.

I love Chicken (Wings), Brisket, Ribs, Pulled Pork, Bacon, Burgers, Cheese, Peppers, beans and Veggies, Slaw etc.....I Want to get more into Rubs and Good Sauces!!! I also want to learn more about cuts of meats and different types of wood or smoke flavors to combine as well as smoking cheese etc.

I currently live in Long Island New York but have lived on the west coast as well and tend to bounce around.

Thanks again, It's a pleasure to be in the company of fellow smoke enthusiasts and professionals alike!!

Sincerely,

Mr.Smoky!!

2. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hello Mr Smokey and [​IMG]to SMF - glad to have you join us 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

3. Ok, Will do Scarbelly!!!

4. Updated, Thanks for the welcome!!!

5. orlandosmoking

orlandosmoking Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]

Welcome aboard the SMF!! Lots of great info, recipes, and ideas here for your reading pleasure as well as a friendly and helpful group to answer all your questions. Enjoy your stay.

Don

6. Welcome to SMF...Glad you are here..........[​IMG]

7. Thanks everybody. So excited to get going. Thinking of getting the master built 40!!! Good idea?... I have a big family with big appetites!!

8. Lots of capacity on the MES40. I am a lump and stick smoker but lots of people like this unit...[​IMG]Go for it.........[​IMG]

9. Thanks, RTBBQ2.

Just to learn a bit, What do you mean "lump and stick"? What do you use to smoke? I wanna get the most authentic and rich flavors. Doesn't have to be super convenient.

10. Welcome to SMF!

11. Welcome Aboard!!!!

12. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Welcome Mr. Smoky!  Good luck,  let us look over your shoulder by sending Q-view!  We love looking at other people's projects!

Good luck.