Hello Newbie From Houston Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dexter

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Hello, everyone I am a newbie from Houston Texas. I have done some grilling but never really any smoking. I am pretty new to this, but I am looking so forward to learning. I have a regular drum pit and one with a fire box on it. I do not really know where to start. Could you all please point me in the right direction.

Thanks Dex.

Welcome Dexter. You got some nice pit makers around your way. Being looking at one of them Gator Pits...Glad to have you here.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. I'd suggest Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse as a good starting point its got some great info and is free. Also just read some of the threads and ask questions there are plenty of people here to help you. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to the SMF!! Take your time and visit a few of the threads here on the forum. I think you'll find some very helpful info. If questions arise let us know. Good luck on your smokes and let us see some qvue!!

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I have learned so much in the last couple of days. Until I purchase another smoker, I was wondering how can I keep the heat temperature even on both ends in my offset smoker. I was thinking of using the minion method. Thanks!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky