Hello from Toronto Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

itali2275

Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Toronto Canada
Hi, I just bought an MES 30 with window today and looking to do some smoking. First time smoker so I will be very active in the four,.I have to say there are so many posts on here with so much good info.
I think I will try smoking some ribs and pork butt and see how it goes. Then I will look in to the mods.

welcome  to SMF!

not to many mods you need to do to the MES . If it is the 2112 model i think they got rid of the hot spot .

1st post and 1st smoke a butt get ready for a long smoke.The MES does them great.

Itali2275, welcome to this place, you're in good hands. Does your handle indicate an inside knowledge of prosciutto and soppresato? I hope so. Got my first one hanging and am larding it up in a month. I'm a "cake" and a big fan of Italian cuisine. In Oakville.

Welcome Itali , you will find a nicer bunch of people NO-where on the Net. Start with inexpensive meats first  though , and purchase a good Probe type thermometer. Trust , us ( as I speak for many others too ) , you'll be glad you did.
biggrin.gif
 By Summer , you'll be trying it all...

Have fun and...

Me mes30 has a built in meat thermometer,but I will get a temp gage to check how hot the smoker is running.

I love this forum everyone is very nice here.

Hello Itali an 
welcome1.gif
to SMF 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky