Hello from Toronto Canada

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by itali2275, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hi, I just bought an MES 30 with window today and looking to do some smoking. First time smoker so I will be very active in the four,.I have to say there are so many posts on here with so much good info.
    I think I will try smoking some ribs and pork butt and see how it goes. Then I will look in to the mods.

2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

welcome  to SMF!

not to many mods you need to do to the MES . If it is the 2112 model i think they got rid of the hot spot .

1st post and 1st smoke a butt get ready for a long smoke.The MES does them great.

3. tigerregis

tigerregis Meat Mopper

Itali2275, welcome to this place, you're in good hands. Does your handle indicate an inside knowledge of prosciutto and soppresato? I hope so. Got my first one hanging and am larding it up in a month. I'm a "cake" and a big fan of Italian cuisine. In Oakville.

4. Not sure I have a 2012model it is 20070411. I will post my first pics when I am done

5. Thanks tigeregis,I do love prosciutto and lve to make my own sausages.

6. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the party!

7. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Itali , you will find a nicer bunch of people NO-where on the Net. Start with inexpensive meats first  though , and purchase a good Probe type thermometer. Trust , us ( as I speak for many others too ) , you'll be glad you did.[​IMG]  By Summer , you'll be trying it all...

Have fun and...

8. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome from across the pond!

9. Me mes30 has a built in meat thermometer,but I will get a temp gage to check how hot the smoker is running.

I love this forum everyone is very nice here.

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hello Itali an [​IMG]to SMF 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location