Hello from the Palm Springs of Washington

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cracksmoker

Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
South Central Wa
I hail from Yakima Wa, aka crackima, some just affectionately call it the crack, now that I've explained my screen name lets get to the nitty gritty. I've smoked a lot of things in my life, tires, cigarettes, coyotes, and various pieces of electrical equipment, but my smoking of foods has been limited to wet hickory wrapped in tinfoil on the gas grill. That all changed a few weeks back when I got bored and started delving into the world of smoke. I love to cook but I also love to build stuff, so when I seen the fabrication going on and the great tasting meats that result I had to dive in head first. I'm the type of person who would rather build something than buy it, especially after I looked at some of the turn key smoker BBQ out there and know I can do better than that. I'm a machinist by trade and work for one of the largest fabrication shops in the PNW so I'm going to see what kind of reverse flow smoker I can build with little to no store bought parts. Anyways enough about me, I'm gonna get a build thread started and delve further into the insane amount of knowledge available here at this site.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy and rainy day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky