HELLO FROM THE DAKOTAS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michaelnevill

Original poster
May 29, 2016
Hello!
Located this forum and glad to be here. My name is Micheal.
Ready to build my first big smoker. Have a 140 inch long 30.35" i.d. propane tank. The dimensions aren't counting the round end caps which are another 10" each. I've built a couple of small patio units but nothing this big. Thanks for reading, and I'll start a build thread with pics soon!

Last edited:
Welcome from SC, Michael. It's really good to have you on this great site. That will be one more monster cooker. I can't wait to see some pics.

Good luck, Joe

Gonna cut tank at 92 inches, stand up the piece I cut off and saddle it back into tank. That'll give me a CC about 77" long, a round firebox and warming chamber about 6 ft tall x 31" diameter with 1/4 plate in between the fb and warmer. Numbers not exact but close. I'm building this to smoke for events and a little catering.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky