Hello from the Alabama Gulf Coast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chief61

Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Daphne Alabama
Hello from LA (Lower Alabama). New to the site but not new to cooking.
Have been looking around for a few days and am very impressed with the site. Lost of great information and ideas.

Smoking several ducks today for New Years Eve gumbo.

Happy New Year to Yall.

Billy

Equipment:

Traeger Texas 075
Weber Kettle with EZ-Que Rotisserie
Weber Genesis Gasser
Belson Rotisserie

Welcome Billy!! Never done a duck...let us know how it turns out.

Chief61,

For four years I lived in the big city of Silverhill, AL back when Robertsdale was a bunch of big potato shed with railroad tracks running down the the middle of them. Later on my parents lived in Robertsdale for 15 years.

Welcome to the SMF Billy! I've been in Daphne several times and think it's a really neat little town. We like to go over to the arts and craft show in Fair Hope and always make a point to visit Daphne. Good luck with the ducks and let us know how it turns out.

Quack. Ok I know that was bad, sorry couldn;t resist. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your smoke.

Welcome to SMF, Billy! It looks like you've got quite an arsenal of smoking and grilling equipment.
icon_smile.gif
Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what kind of grub comes out of them.

Oillogger, all of Baldwin county has boomed. Its still a great place to live.
FEMA (bad word) just funded a 200 mph rated shelter in Robertsdale that will also house the Baldwin County Fair as well as other sporting and social events.

Goose, I usually smoke ducks to make a rich stock for gumbo or make a thick gravy like stew called etoufee. Smoked duck make these dishes sing.

Once in blue moon I shred them and eat them in pulled duck sandwiches with pepper jelly and hot sauce.

Welcome to the SMF Billy. My oldest daughter and her husband used to live in Daphne. He worked for Sherwin Williams there before he got his own store in Ocean Springs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky