Hello from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke-monster

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Plano, Texas
Helo All,
My name is Mark and I live in Plano Tx. I've been grilling for many years but have gotten into smoking in the last couple of years. I currently use a brinkman smoke n grill (electric) but am investigating upgrading to either a propane model or a better electric smoker. I would appreciate any and all opinions on this matter and any pros and cons. My favorite things to smoke are baby back ribs and brisket. Thanks for any info and tips to help improve my abilities as a smoker.
Mark

Welcome Mark , from a misplaced Texan , to the SMF forum ,pleased to have ya and hope you enjoy every visit.

As for brisket , I'll be posting a Brisket cook starting tomorrow , tune in and check it out. Now I'm a stickburner(wood only), but the basics are the same.

Hang a bit and someone with a unit like yours will be here to help you (hopefully)LOL.

Have fun and...

Welcome to the forum Mark! Glad to have you with us.If you are leaning to electric, I believe most on here would recomend the MES 40. With any electric unit I would add the AMNPS from todd. See adds on the side bar.

Mike

welcome1.gif
 to SMF

Welcome aboard mate......I use partial lump and wood so I am not help. If you have the time to tend the fire you would be very happy with the stick burners...But that is just my opinion. Lots of folks really like the electrics. Lots of MES40 folks on here. Lots of capacity on those units..

Oh, one more thing.............................
welcome1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky