Hello from Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by smoker13, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Greetings.  Thanks for such a great site!  I'm a newbie to smoking and have a lot to learn!  So far this site has been a wonderful tool to get me started.  I do not have a smoker yet, (looking for advice on a good model) but plan to get one soon.  My husband is an avid hunter and loves venison snack sticks and jerky.  I love to cook, so we decided to take on this smoker adventure together to see what deliciousness we can create!  I look forward to learning from you and sharing our experience. 

2. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Fellow Minnesotan!

Lots to learn for these guys
    Where in MN are you from?

Todd

3. We are in Buffalo, about 45 minutes west of the Twin Cities. 

4. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I live in Savage...Not Too Far!

If you guys have not purchased a smoker yet, you should look seriously at the Masterbuilt 40" at SAMS or Cabelas. Not all SAMS Clubs has them, but the store in Shakopee, MN had a bunch last week.

It's $299 at SAMS and goes on sale for $349 at Cabelas. The version at Cabelas has al all stainless steel exterior, and the SAMS version has a stainless steel front and black sides.

It's a great unit to learn on

Todd

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]      Glad to have you with us!

6. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Glad to have you join us from another MN guy.

7. kurtsara

kurtsara Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Glad to have you join the forum, allot of knowledgeable people here

8. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
  9. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

Good luck and good smoking.

10. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

howdy [​IMG]

11. billyj571

billyj571 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome Smoker13 to SMF

12. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

13. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Welcome aboard!

14. [​IMG]

15. Welcome Smoker13.

This is an excellent site. Great people, plenty of ideas, and all the help you will ever need.

Shucks some of us will even help ya eat the food!!! JK

(honestly I would).

As far as smokers, since you are new and a beginner like me, I would suggest the MES 40. Best money I have spent in years.

Not only that but so far every thing I have cooked has been a hit with the family.

Good Luck and good Smokin'

Mike

16. What a warm welcome!  I have some jerky in the dehydrator right now and looking forward to getting a smoker soon!!!  There is so much information on here its hard to stop searching.  I'll ask questions and share my success/failures as I go along.  Thanks for all the help and its nice to know the community is here to help![​IMG]

17. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

18. billyj571

billyj571 Smoking Fanatic

Nice looking jerky,Looks delicious!

19. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]