Hello from Atlanta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jasondominy

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Atlanta
Hi! Jason here from Atlanta. Just bought a new Traeger Lil' Tex Elite pellet smoker, and I already love it. So easy to use to make great barbecue. I am new to smoking, and have only really grilled in the past. Yesterday I sold my 4 burner gas grill, and am not turning back. I also have a Char-Broil Big Easy oilless IR "turkey fryer", but I use it for pork loins, whole chickens and more. I work as a social media manager for a marketing agency, and my wife is a teacher. 

Hey Jason, welcome ! Have a GMG pellet grill & really enjoy it ! Jump on in and any questions ya have just ask & someone will help ya out ! Great folks on here that are second to none !

Glad to meet you Jason, welcome to the forum, have any question or need any help just ask. glad your here.

Gary S

We just moved to the Atlanta area and live in Canton.  Where do you get your pellets from?  I'm not seeing many places to go.  Thank you.

Hey Jason and Schaef529- and all others. Sears carries the Myron Mixon pellets. Cabellas outdoor world has them when they open their Acworth store. Costco has events and stocks the traeger pellets when they carry the smokers.

My Brinkmann TrailMaster vertical pellet smoker crashed after 2 months- while easy and produced some good stuff, I'm looking at going for the real deal and getting an offset a horizontal smoker. There's no backup if something goes wrong and expected at $450 on sale it would last longer.

I've been getting them from Academy Sports. The B&B pellets (in lots of flavors) are only $11 for a 20lb bag. 

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Traeger pellets, really, but Cabela's will be great! Have you used the Myron Mixon pellets?

I did and they worked fine. Couldnt tell any huge difference in them vs any other good or bad- just a good flavored pellet w/ no clogging or feeding issues.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky