Hello Everyone, Newbie from small town Ohio

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by wwright85, Mar 16, 2011.

1. wwright85

wwright85 Newbie

Hello everyone,

My name is Billy and I'm a 25 year old NDT inspector who travels the majority of the time. I got turned on into smoking last summer thanks for my girlfriends father and after receiving a few gift cards to bass pro for christmas I decided to purchase the Masterbuilt XL Propane smoker. So far I have no complaints about the smoker at all since its been so easy to use and the food has always turned out great!

I started out with a butt, did a Prime rib for the family on New years eve, and since I've done several ribs, beans, mac n cheese and just recently some fatties. Hopefully if I return home from work this week  I will be able to do some pastrami. Thanks to everyone on this forum, since basically everything i've done so far has spawned from posts i've viewed here. I look forward to visiting the site frequently and starting to submit some of the Q-view shots of my finished products

Billy

2. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Welcome to SMF its nice to have ya.. lots to learn and great people as well.. Happy smoking

3. wwright85

wwright85 Newbie

Pastrami looks great, where abouts are you in ohio? I'm located in Eaton just inside the indiana ohio line off I-70

4.   I'm waaay on the other side of the state in the N.E. corner, about 10 miles from the Pa. line and about 15 miles south of Lake Erie.

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

6. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF. Sounds like your addicted already. Dont forget to post some pics of some q

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome aboard!

8. smokingohiobutcher

smokingohiobutcher Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welll   Looky Lou!!!! Welcome boys!    Youre gonna like it here, I sure do!  i've learned alot and looking forward to many good pics of your Q!!

SOB

9. fife

fife Master of the Pit

Billy [​IMG]I to am an new smoker and there is a lot of good info on here enjoy.

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome - glad to have you here

11. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

12. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Welcome!!

Craig