Hello Board

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jim n iowa

Original poster
May 31, 2006
I have been smoking turkey and jerky ever since the 1st showed me the door. Now re-established and ready to start smoking that meat again. When we bought our home 8 years ago we had natural gas installed for the dryer and range. It seemed like the time to have gas installed on the deck. We cook/smoke all year on the deck, and that nat. gas is helpful. So thats my lay out at home. The daughter does a catering bus. with a rolling smoker/ cooker thats a neat rig built by family, called "Bob's Bar B Que". I am looking forward to your ideas.
Jim

Jim, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forum. Hopefully we can get you to expand your repertoire beyond turkey and jerky to include other fine foods such as brisket, pork butts, ribs, ABT's, Fatties and sausages.

We also have members that cook for large groups and some that also do caterings, I know that they will be able to share their catering knowledge with your daughter.

Check out the different forums, see what other have done and what others are learning to do. Remember, we're here to help each other learn and to contribute to the forums so don't be shy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky