Heavy Hitter's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

which wood burner for you

• gator pit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lang

• meadowcreek

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtman775

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 26, 2008
nj
I've come across these wood burner's
1-Gator Pit smoker's
2-Meadowcreek smoker's
3-Lang smoker's

Of the three which would you choose?

I chose Lang, mostly because as I looked around SMF, the number of Langs I see on here is higher, that does not make them better, but having more people understanding what your dealing with might make error correction easier. i would look at what people you know have, where you live, and what it will cost you before its at your door. good luck choosing.

Dirtman,

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to make a decision?

If so, what are you looking to accomplish? Vending, catering, competing, all, some, none............just a simple question on preference?

Ditto!

That should be a choice!!
cool.gif

maby .....just maby small competitions, most of my neighbors are always asking when my next smoke is, so i need something bigger than my cgsp.

reverse flow is the way to go! simple, easy, and tasty! enough said!
wink.gif

of the limited choices i would have to go with the lang. reverse flow is great, never cooked on one (lang) but have a great reverse flow at home and love it. IMO need to include a few more choices to the poll.

Seems to me Lang owners are like HD owners...there are two types of both respectively...the one they own and the other kinds...just the observation.

Before buying my Lang I had narrowed my decision to the Lang or the Gator pits, both well made I believe.

My final decision was based on two things as to what manufacturers unit I would buy. It was both the reverse flow concept and the square fire box of the Lang, which would give me another cook surface ,that made my mind up.

Whats an HD owner? I agree with you that us Lang folks are almost Prejudice, I think its because for the money, they are just so easy, although Lawdog has a point, there are and should be a few more choices, his smoker rocks!

If I have to vote, I think I will have to say MC, just because if I had the extra bucks, I think there are a few more bells and whistles including stainless grates, and I little more details in quality, but, you have to pay for it too!!!!

Steve

Lang would be my first choice, lotta folks usin em an ain't never heard nothin bad bout em. Second choice would be the Meadow Creek, nice lookin unit an very similar ta the lang. Although, time will tell on Mr. Langs newest design, I kinda likes the older one myself, but just like this here craft, it's alot about personal choice.

I gotta agree here. If yer not looking at feeding 30+ on a regular basis, the drums will get ya thru. Even at comps... but is is nice to have a big pit. Just is it nice enough to justify the bux. If that's not an issue, I love the Langs.

Well since I spent 2 years researching every design and detail of the build quality to options available etc...... I bought a Meadowcreek Smoker.  The exhaustive research qualifies me to throw my opinion in the ring. But I have only owned Brinkmans and now the Meadowcreek. It ain't for the faint of of heart. I looked at Langs up close. Meadowcreek is better build quality but probably cooks no better. Except that I have modified the air flow control to be exact so it now is in fact better. Ya, Meadowcreek that's the ticket.

That makes two of us Uncle Jim. I love my Meadow Creek TS120.
cheers.gif
I'm already wishing I would have gone with the 250 though. Which one do you have?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky