Has anyone tried the Best Choice smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tmark

Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I saw this in an unsolicited side banner and looked to see how its features compared to other units. It comes with most of the things others have but of course I'm leery of something that cost much less than tried and true brands. Also the reviews don't seem to be ones of much experience in smoking meats. So, I put it to the pros and see if this would fit the needs of a newbie and be worth the money.Thanks, Mark

I not seen one but for that price you will not be getting much steel. Bulk goes a long way toward maintaining temp on a windy or cold day. With offset smokers, all but the best require modification to get and hold an even temp end to end and the thiner the steel the more work you have keeping good temps. They also have a long learning curve. Many folks have quit smoking meat out of frustration from trying to get results from an El-cheapo Smoker...JJ

I not seen one but for that price you will not be getting much steel. Bulk goes a long way toward maintaining temp on a windy or cold day. With offset smokers, all but the best require modification to get and hold an even temp end to end and the thiner the steel the more work you have keeping good temps. They also have a long learning curve. Many folks have quit smoking meat out of frustration from trying to get results from an El-cheapo Smoker...JJ
Thanks chefjimmy, good points that I wouldn't think of being a youngun in the smoking circles. I think I'll stick with my original choice. Mark

Thanks chefjimmy, good points that I wouldn't think of being a youngun in the smoking circles. I think I'll stick with my original choice. Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky