Harvard students devise ultimate BBQ smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adenjago

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi Guys,

Stumble upon this interesting article while trawling the web,  I thought it might be of interest for people who building a UDS or a DIY jobby.

I thought it was an interesting read. 
thumb1.gif

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...jK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

Hello.  VERY interesting read.  Could have saved them a lot of time though; they could have just came to my back garden for good brisket.  
icon_biggrin.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny
So Danny - you are going to do the Brisket at the meet this year then 
biggrin.gif

James must be putting on quite a spread then as he has also asked for both my 22" and my 27" Webers at the meet...

Hey Wade!  Sounds like this year we just need to show up when it's time to eat!  SCORE!  Without all that food I'll have more room in the coolbox for beer!  Say James, do you also need my 18"??

Danny

Danny, we are going to get you one of those Umpire Chairs for you so you can sit up there and survey your Kingdom.

Smokin Monkey

Last edited:
Thanks Steve!  Nice to hear I am finally getting some respect around here.  
ROTF.gif

What's this James?  Are you backing out on us at the last minute?  2 or 3 12" planks?  You can't get a 5-7kg brisket on 2 or 3 planks??

Well Wade.  Sounds like James is just doing some burgers and sausages so I guess we are cooking again.  
icon_cry.gif
  Hey!  Do you still have those supermarket briskets?  Remember I have an oven and a microwave in the caravan.  They will never know.

Danny

Whats this Danny 101 ways how to get someone else to do the brisket, nice try, I am looking forward to learning from you.

I have some plank seconds that I will be bringing down so you can all have a play if you want,..................I .know, I know generous to a fault. 

OH NO James!  Learning from me??  Didn't the guys tell you?  Me make BIG fire.  Me throw on meat.  Add wood.  It is done when I take it off the smoker.  That is the extent of my knowledge.  Smoking Monkey has a favourite caveman image of me.  He ain't far off.  Most of my stuff is microwaved.  
icon_biggrin.gif

Wade.  Looks like you are back on brisket duty!

Danny

Well there you go James.  Me make fire.  Me burn meat.  Apparently according to the Missus I am not allowed to make fire in the lounge.  
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
  She NEVER let's me have any fun.  You DO need to get the carpet up cause it adds a NASTY taste to the meat.  So you have all I can show you.  Keep Smokin

Danny

I look forward to one day making it to the UK to meet Danny and learn from the master how to cook some brisky...maybe even his microwaved version! :biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky