Harvard students devise ultimate BBQ smoker

Discussion in 'UK Smokers' started by adenjago, May 11, 2015.

1. adenjago

adenjago Fire Starter

2. Hello.  VERY interesting read.  Could have saved them a lot of time though; they could have just came to my back garden for good brisket.  [​IMG]   Keep Smokin!

Danny

3. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So Danny - you are going to do the Brisket at the meet this year then [​IMG]

4. Hello Wade.  No my friend.  That task is your's.  I am sure we will enjoy a great smoked brisket.  Besides I promised my 57 to smokewood so I have a good excuse.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

5. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

James must be putting on quite a spread then as he has also asked for both my 22" and my 27" Webers at the meet...

6. smokewood

smokewood Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Have you ever had the feeling that you are being stitched up......I am getting that feeling right now.[​IMG]

7. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have thrown my hat into them ring as well for the Brisket!

Smokin Monkey

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  8. Hey Wade!  Sounds like this year we just need to show up when it's time to eat!  SCORE!  Without all that food I'll have more room in the coolbox for beer!  Say James, do you also need my 18"??

Danny

9. smokin monkey

Danny, we are going to get you one of those Umpire Chairs for you so you can sit up there and survey your Kingdom.

Smokin Monkey

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  10. smokewood

I just need the one , as long as I can get two or three  12" planks on there everything is good, but thanks for the offer.

11. Thanks Steve!  Nice to hear I am finally getting some respect around here.  [​IMG]

What's this James?  Are you backing out on us at the last minute?  2 or 3 12" planks?  You can't get a 5-7kg brisket on 2 or 3 planks??

Well Wade.  Sounds like James is just doing some burgers and sausages so I guess we are cooking again.  [​IMG]   Hey!  Do you still have those supermarket briskets?  Remember I have an oven and a microwave in the caravan.  They will never know.

Danny

12. smokewood

Whats this Danny 101 ways how to get someone else to do the brisket, nice try, I am looking forward to learning from you.

I have some plank seconds that I will be bringing down so you can all have a play if you want,..................I .know, I know generous to a fault. 

13. smokin monkey

Sorry Danny, this was all I could get hold of!

:ROTF

Smokin Monkey

14. smokewood

He He He

15. Hey!  I LIKE it!

Danny

16. smokin monkey

Thats a relief! All good fun!

17. OH NO James!  Learning from me??  Didn't the guys tell you?  Me make BIG fire.  Me throw on meat.  Add wood.  It is done when I take it off the smoker.  That is the extent of my knowledge.  Smoking Monkey has a favourite caveman image of me.  He ain't far off.  Most of my stuff is microwaved.  [​IMG]

Wade.  Looks like you are back on brisket duty!

Danny

18. smokin monkey

19. Well there you go James.  Me make fire.  Me burn meat.  Apparently according to the Missus I am not allowed to make fire in the lounge.  [​IMG]   She NEVER let's me have any fun.  You DO need to get the carpet up cause it adds a NASTY taste to the meat.  So you have all I can show you.  Keep Smokin

Danny

20. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

I look forward to one day making it to the UK to meet Danny and learn from the master how to cook some brisky...maybe even his microwaved version! :biggrin: