Happy Forth of July! What are you smoking this weekend (in the smoker that is)?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Okay so now that I amstarving lets throw in some sides LOL

Potato Salad

Chicken Salad 

Baked Beans if I get the time

AHH Desert Cheese Cake

Richie

Oh yeah. Gotta have beans. I do Chuck Wagon beans. Baked beans with ground beef, BBQ sauce and jalapeños. Smoked stuffed mushrooms and Mac-n-cheese.... So good!

Last edited:
The last 2 years I did turkeys. This year my Niece offered to buy pork butts to do so that's the main dish. Served with hoagie rolls, cole slaw, Dutch's beans, fruit salad, and Oregon grown strawberry shortcake for desert. 19 people total counting kids. My Bro in law smoked a turkey yesterday for cold cuts to keep the wolves away in case the pork stalls. Have a great 4th everyone!

Clay
smilie_flagge13.gif
Beer.gif

Reactions: voodoo7
Mmmm pulled pork on a kaiser roll with coleslaw on top and some ghost sauce! Love it!

I am smoking a Turkey and Mac & Cheese on Friday and 200 buffalo style chicken wings on Saturday.
You know that sounds soooo good and I still have a couple a turkeys and a half dozen drumsticks in the freezer. Thanks for reminding me. Brined with a touch of cure, really low and slow........ Oh yea and mac and cheeze!

And briskets are on sale right now too!

I am soooooo confussed now!

Having to work through the 4th of July weekend, conducting chocolate and wine pairings( if you can call it work... 
cool.gif
 ).

I have some italian sausage, crookneck squash, eight ball squash and spring onions smoking, to be used in a pasta tonight. Something easy to heat up at the winery tomorrow. The corn is to go along with smoked tri tip sammies on Sunday.

Couple of hours of smoking and the veggies looking close to finished

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

I've got a 12.72lb brisket that I am smoking and going to do a couple of fatties also. 

I'll be up early and should have the brisket on by about 7am-ish. We're meeting with family about 7:30pm for the big eat, so I should be able to get a solid 10-11 hours on the brisket which will put it right where I want it to be fall apart and melt in our mouth tender. 

I'll post a thread in the beef forum. 

Last night was smoked Bacon wrapped Beer Brats, Tonight is grilled Bison Burgers , Saturday is grilled Drunken Wings , and the Grand Finale on Sunday is a Herb Brined whole chicken and Baby Back ribs on the Longhorn !!

I'm doing pork burnt ends and ribs tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!

Having to work through the 4th of July weekend, conducting chocolate and wine pairings( if you can call it work... 
cool.gif
 ).

I have some italian sausage, crookneck squash, eight ball squash and spring onions smoking, to be used in a pasta tonight. Something easy to heat up at the winery tomorrow. The corn is to go along with smoked tri tip sammies on Sunday.

Couple of hours of smoking and the veggies looking close to finished

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!
On the dinner menu tonight...

Smoked Italian Sausage, Spring Onion, Rainbow Carrot, Crookneck and Eight Ball Squash Pasta

With more than enough to have the leftovers at work tomorrow... 
roflmao.gif

I think I might do chicken or ribs... something that wont take too long.  There is far too many fireworks, and too much beer to spend too much time with the smoker. 

:smilie_flagge13:

I thought spending time round the smoker was a great time to :cheers: ! That's when they taste the best IMO ! Q & brew go hand in hand ! [emoji]127867[/emoji]

Happy 4th to my friends to the south..We just had Canada Day and I did burgers and pulled pork ABT's..MMM

Have Fun..
hockeyeurbaston.gif

I thought spending time round the smoker was a great time to :cheers: ! That's when they taste the best IMO ! Q & brew go hand in hand ! [emoji]127867[/emoji]

Amen! I've got some Sam Adams Porch Rockers chillin' as we speak!!!!

Last edited:

Amen! I've got some Sam Adams Porch Rockers chillin' as we speak!!!!

Ah, I like the Porch Rockers.... My wife picked me up some Sam Adams Rebel Rider IPA, haven't tried this one yet !

Happy 4ty of July!

I have four chickens and a rack of baby backs in the smoke. Yesterday I did two tri-tips and two pork butts.

For lunch today we're finishing up two bone in ribeyes I smoky grilled last night. Tonight for dinner we'll smoky grill beef burgers and bison burgers. Tomorrow smoking two apple cider brined whole chickens, beer can style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky