Happy Birthday to me!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnswa

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Arizona
My wife took me out shopping for my birthday!  First we went to Bass Pro Shops and looked at the 40" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse that they had on sale for $359 and it looked great!  That is until I looked at the back of the unit and it was the 800wt smoker.

After reading a few posts here, I decided to look for the 1200wt model and low and behold Sams Club had it for sale at their regular price of $299!  I called the MES customer service line to verify that it's the 1200wt model and they confirmed it was.

I got a smoking (pun intended) deal on this baby!  After applying for their credit card I got an extra $40 off my purchase!  I got the 1200wt MES for $259!!!!  Of course I cut up the credit card after I got home, but my new smoker is seasoning as I type and I think I'm going to christen it with a nice tri tip roast tomorrow!  I can't wait!  I truely love my old charcoal side drum/heatbox type smoker, but I'm so looking forward to smoking a butt or brisket without having to stay out all night and constantly monitoring the temperature!

Naturally the wife said... "You're going to sell your old smoker, aren't you?"  Are you kidding?  How can you sell your baby that has served you so well for all of these years!  It will look great sitting next to my new MES!

Oh what a great day!

PS.  Sorry about the large font.  I'm still getting used to the new format here and this is my first post in a long time.

John Happy Birthday and congrats on the new smoker

Happy B-day John and congrats on the MES....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Just curious about how small the wood chunks have to be for a good smoke.  I know it's a noob question, but I'm seasoning it now and I chopped up some hickory that I use in my drum smoker and the chunks are fairly large.  I had a heck of a time getting the wood install tube out being that the chunks were so large.  Maybe I'm just being impatient while playing with my new toy.  I'm sure that's what it is!  I love this thing!  The best part about smoking is the trial and error!  Can't wait to break this badboy in!!!

Happy birthday and good luck with the MES. I would suggest going back to Sam's and buy the extended warrantee.

Happy Birthday, Lugnutz!  I'm actually a couple of days early of my ripe old age of 45!  Cheers to the Geminis!
icon_smile.gif

the warrenty is only $39 or 3 years and that way if you have a problem you can get a new one or new parts .

the warrenty is only $39 or 3 years and that way if you have a problem you can get a new one or new parts .
Hmmm... Might have to go back and buy that warranty.  My standup freezer extended warranty has paid me back in spades!

Happy Birthday Sir, I hope you have a Great first smoke with the new toy.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Sir, I hope have a Great first smoke with the new toy.
Thanks friend, but don't call me sir.  I was enlisted! LOL!  I appreciate the kind words though, and will reciprocate with qview!

Last edited:
Sorry about that John, i'v never been enlisted but I can understand and respect your wishes.

Glad to see i am not the only one that uses the line ( happy birthday to me ) its great .  Have a good one.

Happy Birthday to you John!  Congrat's on your new toy.  Enjoy it as I know you will & we look forward to the qview from that puppy.  (I wouldn't worry about the fonts.  Some of these guys have old eyes.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
  It's all good!!)  Have fun!!!!

Happy Birthday to you John!  Glad to see you got what you want.  You will love having this item in your toolbox, so to speak. I have a 30" MES as well as a CharGriller w/SFB.  I love them both for their own reasons.  I also just bought myself an early birthday present with the Brinkman Gourmet that I will modify and use down by my floating summer house.  Going to be playing with that this weekend.

Enjoy and don't forget the qview!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky