Ham jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Took the boy down to local outdoorsy type store to target practice with his bow...on the way out he saw jerky and asked if he could get some. Well it was ham jerky with maple flavoring. This stuff was good! I'm thinking maybe taking a ham, cutting it into strips, soaking it in a maple flavored liquid, the dehydrating it. Anyone ever make ham jerky?

i never flavored it but i have dried it and it was not bad at all,my only suggestion would be to soak it and try to dilute the salt.

Mark

Down here the Cajuns make Tasso, which is a spicy pork jerky. Mostly used in other dishes but also good by itself. I've tried my hand at it and while its pretty good there is just something kind of weird about dried pork.

Yes I know ham is pork, but it really chewed like smoked beef jerky. I don't know that I'd have to smoke it again, but I'm thinking of slicing it and then soaking in a maple glaze, then dehydrating it.

Not on purpose...
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky