GrillPro or Outdoor Leisure Smoke Hollow?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txsmokeking

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I've been debating between the GrillPro and Outdoor Leisure Smoke Hollow for about a week now and can't seem to find many very many reviews on either. I just ran across this forum and wanted to see if anyone had some feedback on either unit, or a preference between the two.

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Leisur.../dp/B002EVORXY

http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-31845.../dp/B0015ENOGW

I've been a wood/side firebox smoker for years and just recently discovered the ease of propane smoking, so i want to give one of these a try. I have some Christmas gift cards from amazon, so that's why these two are my options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think you should go for the Smoke Hollow. You can get it $100 cheaper at www.gandermountain.com (use GANDER15 in the promotion code box). Final price should be around $190, including tax and shipping to your door.

If you prefer to pick it up at retail, the regular price at Gander Mountain is $199.99. I'm up in the air at this point since smokers often take a beating from UPS or Fedex (those guys litterally throw packages around -- I've seen it first hand), so I might just bite the bullet and pick the smoker up at the store.

The other unit you linked to has something fishy going on. I don't believe the size is accurate, and if it is accurate, it's going to be extremely flimsy because it would be extremely light for its size. Most people are very happy with the Smoke Hollow, and if you search the forums, you will see it's one of the more popular units here.

One more thing. if you order the Smoke Hollow, be prepared to call Outdoor Leisure for a smaller regulator as the one it comes with keeps the temps a little too high. Outdoor Leisure will send you the smaller regulator free of charge.

Thanks, may get the Smoke Hollow from Gander at that price.

Do you know if it will work with a SmokePistol? A friend of mine swears by his SmokePistol, thought I'd give it a try.

I should have made it clear that the Gander15 code is for 15% off online orders only, though I'm guessing you figured it out.

You can make anything compatible with the Smoke Pistol or Smoke Daddy, but you may only need it if you plan on cold smoking. For regular smoking, try the smoker box on the Smoke Hollow out first. It might last just as long as the attachements (don't know since I haven't tried one yet).

I should have added that you will need to drill holes in your smoker if you wish to use something like the smoke pistol )that's what I meant by you can make anything compatible).

Good luck. I think I'm heading toward the Smoke Hollow myself.

I have a SH and love it. Of course, I've only used it twice so far (fattie smoking!)

I have not had any temperature issues with mine and am impressed with the quality construction, etc.

I picked mine off the OL website for $149.99 shipped and included a free cover for the smoker.

If you have you have to go with one of theses then go with the Grillpro for the main reason it is a wider unit and beliave me you will like it much better then the narrower one for sure. But if you are going to spend that mauch monet I would go with the smoke Vault 24" at Gander Mtn it's a really really good unit I have one and it's the best gs smoker that I have used. And I smoke alot too.

Thanks to everyone for your input...I went with the Smoke Hollow from Gander Mountain, and threw in a couple bags of the wood chunks they had on sale too.

congrats......now get that thing fired up and don't forget the qview!

Congrats on the new smoker and as Rob said, get that bad boy fired up and post some qview

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky