grill type

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jpeck

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Cola, SC
Hey everyone!
Just have a few questions about the brisket thing. Being from SC I have perfected my pork but/sholder tech. and thought I would try cooking a brisket. Alot of good info here, however has any one used a weber kettle to do one? Of course I would use indirect heat ect...... I do have a brinkman smoker also but I just aquired the Kettle, (hate to say it but from the side of the road in very good shape, replaced the top grate and started cooking) and tought I could use it.

I'd use the Brinkmann smoker. Grills produce high concentrated heat. Smokers for low & slow, that's smoking. And you want to smoke that brisket low and slow. It won't be done quickly.
You could use the SmokyOky method and sear the brisket on all surfaces on the kettle with a VERY high heat before smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky