Grill covered in snow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
Jonesboro Ar
So it snowed last night.Tonight  it's falling out of the trees and hitting the roof like a wet beach towel.So  grilling out on the deck under said trees is out.But i have a good fire going in the fire place.The steaks are black Angus sirloin .
5b1b89bd_steaksupper001.jpg

613b6101_steaksupper002.jpg

cb52bcbd_steaksupper002.jpg

The bed of coal was over 900f by my IR.

5e702c82_steaksupper004.jpg

Resting.

bfb7694a_steaksupper005.jpg

8c22743b_steaksupper006.jpg

Bear view

c92903bc_steaksupper007.jpg

Garlic potato's and time to eat.

Last edited:
Great looking steaks. I had to convert my fireplace to gas because it would not draw properly and I so miss doing that kind of thing. 

Been there done that.  When I lived in Missouri the wood stove and fireplace was all we had when the power would go out so you make it work.  Good JOb!

Very nice lookin' meal, and a good brain storm using the fireplace.

I think I have a couple of grates that will just fit into my fireplace. I will

have to soon give that a try.

Happy Smokin'

Mike

Thanks for commenting nepas,al,raptor,ahron,bmudd,frosty. Solaryellow i'm afraid it would be cold by the time it got their.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Dewetha this house has two and i love it
yahoo.gif
.Pictures guy the grates are off my GOSM.

I like it.  I need to get a new grate for the inside of my fire place, was not going to be fussy about the size until now.  Between the MES 30, gas grill, and SFB must have a grate that will fit on top.

Gary

That was my Dad's favorite way to grill.  He had a cheap hibachi style grill - this was in the 70's - that he kept in the fireplace just for steaks and chicken.  Even though we lived in California and snow was NOT a problem where we lived he still preferred the hibachi so he could watch a baseball game while keeping an eye on the grill.  

Good looking meal.

Curt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky