Greetings from Wisconsin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

butter5

Original poster
May 18, 2008
Hello All,
Sunday May 18 and too cold for dawn patrol golf due to frost yet again. My old body aches all over from getting my new propane smoker from Sears out of the truck, up the stairs and to the deck. At least assembly was straight forward under the intense supervision of my wife and mother in law.

Hopefully next weekend I will be firing up the smoker for the first time. Will do the seasoning today. This smoker replaces my old Brinkman electric smoker. I have been an occasional smoker for years, mostly due to so little time. I am only at home Friday nights to Sunday afternoons.

I hope this new smoker and these forums will kick start my smoking adventures.

Welcome to SMF Butter. Up on the deck, eh? Consider getting a sheet or two of the tile backer type cement board to place the smoker on. Not only fireproof, but will stop grease stains to the wood as well. You're playing with fire now...not watts.

Enjoy your time here!

Welcome Butter

New to the smoking game myself but these guys on SMF are fantastic and helpful.
Did my first Pulled Pork last weekend and god its tasty. Couldnt have done it without the experts on here.

Enjoy good luck next weekend keep rubbin

Bloxer

welcome to smf butter, like richtee says, at the very least keepin the grease from smoker from getting to your deck. you will love this site great people-great info.

Howdy Hi Butter. Glad you found SMF. Lots of good info here, and very good people willing to help. Although I am new on this forum, smoking has been an addiction for a long time, once bitten by the smoke bug you look at food in a whole new way
icon_smile.gif

Good luck with your new smoker, would love to read some of your smoking adventures, hopefully with some great q:views
icon_exclaim.gif

Happy smokin,
Matt
aka Rocky

Welcome to SMF. Lots of good folk here to answer any questions that you may have. The folks here just love to share their knowledge and experience.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky